Happy Monday! How are you doing? Are you taking time to check-in with yourself and give yourself the care, love, and attention you need? If not, it’s perfectly okay to set aside time for yourself to do whatever you want/need to do during ‘me time.’ Maybe it’s yoga, meditation, running, reading, tending to a pallet garden you built, sewing some pillowcases for your home decor, making a dress to match your homemade mask, or even playing animal crossing with family and friends. Whatever you want to do during your assigned ‘me time,’ make sure you’re doing it and giving yourself a break.
If you didn’t get a chance to read yesterday’s blog post - “LA girls love London green juice” - you can click right here to read all about how much fun I had catching up with my boarding school chem lab partner! Also, if you didn’t get the chance to cast your free daily vote for me to be the next #MaximCoverGirl, you can click here to vote or click here to read about why it’s important to me (and then vote!). You can vote once every twenty-four hours for free, and I’d be so grateful for your support! I'm still in the running and in the top 10 of my group! Voting for round 3 ends this coming Thursday night June 18th, so I’d love your support to make it through to round 4! Thank you for everything so far!! If you’re all caught up on the London travels thus far and Maxim Cover Girl voting, well then buckle in, kiddos! We’re picking up where yesterday’s post left off: seeing the Philadelphia Eagles play at Wembley Stadium!
Although I’ve recently written about so many amazing things I got to experience in London from visiting Buckingham Palace to nerding out over Parliament to seeing Wicked at the Apollo Victoria Theatre to jamming out to Van Morrison at BluesFest to catching up with a fellow bridesmaid before catching Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre to grabbing juice with my high school chem lab partner, the real reason I wanted to travel to London when I did was so I could see the Philadelphia Eagles play the Jacksonville Jaguars at Wembley Stadium.
Seeing so many people from my home city make the trip across the pond seriously made my heart burst from pride and excitement. A sea of green descended upon Wembley as thousands of fans chanted E-A-G-L-E-S- EAGLES! and found their way inside the stadium I'd only ever seen before in movies and old concert footage. The walk to the stadium was lined with Eagles banners and Jacksonville Jaguars signage, and it was such an exciting feeling to be a part of seeing the NFL find a home in London.
I ended up sitting next to a school teacher from South Jersey and her husband, and we all chatted throughout the game (between yelling, of course). We debated where we thought the best cheesesteaks could be found in the city, and I admitted how much I missed being able to crack open a Yuengling (given my move from LA where there is no Yuengling to Dublin where there is no Yuengling). We talked all about Dublin and my Masters Degree, as well as my chosen career path, in addition to all our favorite things about South Jersey, Philly, and the Jersey Shore (not the TV show).
It was so nice to be able to meet some new people and have so many common points of interest and to watch THE EAGLES WIN IN LONDON. Does anyone else miss sports as much as I do? They're such a way to unite people behind a common cause. Even if the people I sat next to hadn't been from South Jersey and known the things I referenced, we still would have had the Eagles in common. Have you ever been seated next to a stranger at an event and just been able to hit it off and have long conversations? If you have, I’d love to hear about it! Subscribe in the e-mail submission box below and reach out, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and reach out to me on the “contact” page. I’m so happy you're here and that I’ve been getting a lot of really great, fun-to-read stories, questions, and feedback from a community all over the globe from all different chapters of my life (and from people I don’t know *yet*)! The other stories of people’s travels that I’ve gotten to read via e-mail, text, tweet, DM, etc. recently bring me such smiles, and I am so grateful for all of it! I hope I get to hear all about the crazy stories you’ve been thinking about as we’ve been on this virtual journey together! I couldn’t do this without you! So THANK YOU! From the bottom of my heart, truly, thank you.
And please, if you have 10-15 seconds to spare, I would really appreciate your daily vote for me to be Maxim Cover Girl 2020. Click here to vote! Voting for round three ends this coming Thursday June 18th, and I would really appreciate your help and support as I continue to try and become the next #MaximCoverGirl by moving ahead into round 4! Thank you for your support! Click here or on the photo above to vote!
P.S. - If you want to catch up from the beginning on this series of adventures, here's a cheat sheet to the posts (in order in which they were published):
1. Won't you join me?
2. grateful for starbucks and sandymount strand
3. Once Upon a December in the National Gallery
4. plant a smooch for that gift of gab
5. may the 4th be with you: Dingle style
6. cinco de mayo: the best Mexican food in Dublin
7. pizza in roma
8. mussolini’s window and the philosophers’ metro stop
9. father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife
10. it's the vatican, not the vatican't
11. spoiler alert: i did not lose my hand
12. more pizza and gelato and Neptune, oh my
13. craft beer, romper season, and volcano magic
14. bus singalongs and the okey dokey karaoke origin story
15. the beginning of the journey to the land of outlander
16. the boy who lived and the musical rapper
17. oh i just can't wait to be kingggg
18. fudge and haggis, quite the dynamic duo
19. the banshee labyrinth... or, my first time trying buckfast
20. the world's most magical toilet
21. gwyneth paltrow's (improv) sliding doors
22. scottish sombreros and jam, thank you
23. bob seger, a cèilidh, and arthur's seat
24. the next maxim cover girl!!
25. you can vote now!!
26. kindness at… the airport??
27. conversations with strangers and #basic meals
28. aren't gas stations amazing?!
29. not just mac's... supermac's
30. American vs. European Cell Phone Providers
31. brown bread ice cream
32. Black Lives Matter
33. technology and theatre
34. a love of Dublin pizza: Manifesto
35. a love of Dublin pizza: Dublin Pizza Company
36. a love of Dublin pizza: with my dad
37. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness
38. thank you! round 2!
39. a love of Dublin pizza: and every other pizza
40. ahh-oooooh werewolves of london
41. a special london edition nerd alert
42. defying gravity is a WICKED good time
43. that wanker Van Morrison
44. The Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre
45. LA girls love London green juice