Happy Sunday! How are you doing? Are you taking time to check-in with yourself and give yourself the care, love, and attention you need? If not, it’s perfectly okay to set aside time for yourself to do whatever you want/need to do during ‘me time.’ Maybe it’s yoga, meditation, running, reading, building a pallet garden, dancing your silly little heart out to some Hall and Oates, or even playing animal crossing. Maybe it’s even taking one day off from blogging and enjoying a Friday night catching up with friends and family and a peaceful Saturday of gardening and housework. Whatever you want to do during your assigned ‘me time,’ make sure you’re doing it and giving yourself a break. Also, if you’re protesting and helping support the Black Lives Matter movement, you might also need to set aside some me time. That’s okay, too. It’s important to rest and recharge so you can start each day strong.
I wrote Friday’s post about the Black Lives Matter movement and decided to give myself a break and a day to rest and reflect on the world, so today I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for helping me advance to Round 2 of the Maxim Cover Girl contest. The first round saw the top 20 contestants from each group remain, while the rest were cut from the competition. You all helped so much to keep me consistently in the 1st or 2nd slot, and I am so grateful for your help. This contest is a long process, so daily voting will continue on for the foreseeable future. The next upcoming cut will take place this Thursday, June 11th! So if you have 10 seconds to spare, I’d be so grateful for your continued support and continued voting as I campaign to try to become the next #MaximCoverGirl! You can vote for free every day! Thank you for all of your support and for being in this with me for the long haul!
I’ll be honest. I’ve struggled recently with my thoughts around this contest given the state of the nation right now. I’ve talked to those close to me about it, which has helped immensely. At the end of the day, I still want to use the prize money for a good cause. I previously wrote about why the contest is important to me, which you can read by clicking here, and which I will sum up briefly — If I win (based on voting!), I get to do a photoshoot for a Maxim magazine cover, but, something much more important to me is that I’d win twenty-five thousand dollars ($25k)! If I were to win that money, I would use the $25k to start a foundation that helps empower and encourage young girls to embrace their authentic selves, allowing them to be comfortable in their own skin with every magical thing that makes them unique.
If a girl wants to be an athlete, amazing. If she wants to be a scientist, awesome. If she wants to play video games, great! If she wants to be a cop or firefighter or nurse or influencer or yoga instructor or fitness model or QVC host or neurosurgeon or a Bard High Elf with impressive Charisma stats, incredible! Whatever girls want to do in their lives, I want to help them know that they don't have to align themselves with the expectations of what the world (or the society in which they live) thinks they should do. And I want them to know that they can be however many things they want to be without putting themselves in a box. So, please, I'd love it if you'd vote for me for Maxim CoverGirl by clicking here or on the photo above so I can show younger girls what I wanted to see when I was their age - not just a model but a role model, too.
And, if you've been missing the stories of my adventures abroad, we'll return to more travel stories tomorrow to start off your Monday in style. Thank you for being here. I couldn't do any of this without you and your support.
P.S. - If you want to catch up from the beginning on this series of adventures, here's a cheat sheet to the posts (in order in which they were published):
1. Won't you join me?
2. grateful for starbucks and sandymount strand
3. Once Upon a December in the National Gallery
4. plant a smooch for that gift of gab
5. may the 4th be with you: Dingle style
6. cinco de mayo: the best Mexican food in Dublin
7. pizza in roma
8. mussolini’s window and the philosophers’ metro stop
9. father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife
10. it's the vatican, not the vatican't
11. spoiler alert: i did not lose my hand
12. more pizza and gelato and Neptune, oh my
13. craft beer, romper season, and volcano magic
14. bus singalongs and the okey dokey karaoke origin story
15. the beginning of the journey to the land of outlander
16. the boy who lived and the musical rapper
17. oh i just can't wait to be kingggg
18. fudge and haggis, quite the dynamic duo
19. the banshee labyrinth... or, my first time trying buckfast
20. the world's most magical toilet
21. gwyneth paltrow's (improv) sliding doors
22. scottish sombreros and jam, thank you
23. bob seger, a cèilidh, and arthur's seat
24. the next maxim cover girl!!
25. you can vote now!!
26. kindness at… the airport??
27. conversations with strangers and #basic meals
28. aren't gas stations amazing?!
29. not just mac's... supermac's
30. American vs. European Cell Phone Providers
31. brown bread ice cream
32. Black Lives Matter
33. technology and theatre
34. a love of Dublin pizza: Manifesto
35. a love of Dublin pizza: Dublin Pizza Company
36. a love of Dublin pizza: with my dad
37. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness