Happy Wednesday! How are you doing? Are you taking time to check-in with yourself and give yourself the care, love, and attention you need? If you didn’t get a chance to read yesterday’s post - “dún laoghaire ice cream” - you can click here to read all about some of my favorite marathon training runs outside of Dublin City Centre. Also, if you didn’t get the chance to cast your free daily vote for me to be the next #MaximCoverGirl, you can click here to vote or click here to read about why it’s important to me (and then vote!). You can vote once every twenty-four hours for free, and I am so grateful for your support! I'm still in the running and in the top 10 of my group! Voting for round 4 ends this coming Thursday night June 25th and will see 5 more women eliminated from my group, so I’d love your support and votes to make it through to the next round!
When I lived in Dublin, I got to meet a local celebrity - Mattress Mick. I was out with my fellow Masters one night in the first couple weeks of our Masters Degree experience together at the Porterhouse on Nassau St. for pints and socializing. Side note: Porterhouse does not carry Guinness because it’s a microbrewery that carries all its own beers; they’re all pretty good, but I tried to order a Guinness the first time I went and felt like a pretty silly goose for not reading the menu above the bar first!
After I failed to order a Guinness and ordered their stout instead, I heard one of my fellow classmates squeal in delight. From across the other end of the bar she had spotted Mattress Mick, Dublin and Ireland’s national treasure. She knew immediately that she wanted to talk to him and get a picture. I obviously obliged and ended up getting a photo with him, as well. He looked properly like an older Irishman and was incredibly kind and gracious. If I were still living in Dublin and needed a mattress of any sort, I would be sure to check out Mattress Mick’s collection. I mean, check out this video of him flying on a mattress-
Have you ever run into a local celebrity like Mattress Mick? I’d love to hear about it! Subscribe in the e-mail submission box below and reach out, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and reach out to me on the “contact” page. I’m so happy you're here and that I’ve been receiving a lot of really incredible stories, questions, and feedback from a community all over the globe! Other people’s stories that I’ve gotten to read via e-mail, text, tweet, DM, etc. recently bring me such smiles, and I am so grateful for all of it! I hope I get to hear all about whatever stories you’ve been thinking about as we’ve been on this virtual journey together! Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you have any restaurants/eateries/pubs/coffee shops/ice cream joints you would recommend in other countries or even in your current home town or city, I'm absolutely 100% all ears!! I couldn’t do this without you! So THANK YOU! From the bottom of my heart, truly, thank you.
And please, if you have 10-15 seconds to spare, I would really appreciate your daily vote for me to be Maxim Cover Girl 2020. Click here to vote! Voting for round four ends this coming Thursday June 25th, and I would really appreciate your help and support as I continue to try and become the next #MaximCoverGirl by moving ahead into round 5/the top 5 of my group! Thanks for your support! Click here or on the photo above to vote!
P.S. - If you want to catch up from the beginning on this series of adventures, here's a cheat sheet to the posts (in order in which they were published):
1. Won't you join me?
2. grateful for starbucks and sandymount strand
3. Once Upon a December in the National Gallery
4. plant a smooch for that gift of gab
5. may the 4th be with you: Dingle style
6. cinco de mayo: the best Mexican food in Dublin
7. pizza in roma
8. mussolini’s window and the philosophers’ metro stop
9. father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife
10. it's the vatican, not the vatican't
11. spoiler alert: i did not lose my hand
12. more pizza and gelato and Neptune, oh my
13. craft beer, romper season, and volcano magic
14. bus singalongs and the okey dokey karaoke origin story
15. the beginning of the journey to the land of outlander
16. the boy who lived and the musical rapper
17. oh i just can't wait to be kingggg
18. fudge and haggis, quite the dynamic duo
19. the banshee labyrinth... or, my first time trying buckfast
20. the world's most magical toilet
21. gwyneth paltrow's (improv) sliding doors
22. scottish sombreros and jam, thank you
23. bob seger, a cèilidh, and arthur's seat
24. the next maxim cover girl!!
25. you can vote now!!
26. kindness at… the airport??
27. conversations with strangers and #basic meals
28. aren't gas stations amazing?!
29. not just mac's... supermac's
30. American vs. European Cell Phone Providers
31. brown bread ice cream
32. Black Lives Matter
33. technology and theatre
34. a love of Dublin pizza: Manifesto
35. a love of Dublin pizza: Dublin Pizza Company
36. a love of Dublin pizza: with my dad
37. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness
38. thank you! round 2!
39. a love of Dublin pizza: and every other pizza
40. ahh-oooooh werewolves of london
41. a special london edition nerd alert
42. defying gravity is a WICKED good time
43. that wanker Van Morrison
44. The Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre
45. LA girls love London green juice
46. Super Bowl LII Champs at Wembley
47. champagne fizz and fruity cocktails
48. How-to: DIY Pallet Garden
49. dublin tattoo magic
51. thank you! Maxim round 4!
52. dublin bog bodies
53. dún laoghaire ice cream