Maxim Cover Girl Semi-Finals!
Happy Monday! How was your weekend?! I spent a lot of time outdoors this weekend, which was rejuvenating and refreshing! We went hiking to one of my favorite spots in Malibu on Saturday (where I, of course, climbed a tree) and spent a lovely afternoon in Marina Del Rey paddle boarding (wearing masks, of course)! I hope you got to break up your routine a bit and spend some time outside! If you didn’t get a chance to read Friday’s post (I took a nice weekend off!) - “derry dinner chains” - you can click here to catch up on a terrible dining experience turned wonderful memory with two of my college girlfriends from Villanova!
In case you haven’t heard, I finished in first place of my Quarter-Finals group and made it to the Semi-Finals of the Next #MaximCoverGirl competition!!!!... so I just wanted to express a deeply felt thank you to you for your support and your votes. Getting this far has already surpassed my expectations, so thank you so much for making that dream a reality! It is thanks to you and to my amazing, supportive network of family and friends (who have also spread the world to their family and friends) that I have made it this far, and the amazingness of all of that is not lost on me.
Voting resumes today at 3 PM Eastern time, 12 Noon on the West coast (and 2 PM Central time!). This is the Semi-Finals Round, so here’s the official blurb from the contest rules—
Semi-Finals (Starts July 20th and Ends July 30th) – Quarter-final winners will be divided evenly into semi-final groups. Voting will be reset and public voting will determine one (1) winner from each semi-finals group that will advance into the final round.
As you can see, this has been a long process and will continue to be a fun challenge. I’d be truly thankful for your continued support as I attempt to get one step closer to the Maxim cover and prize money. Click here or on the photo at the top of the page to cast your free daily vote! If you didn’t get a chance to read why this contest is important to me and what I plan to do with the prize money, you can click here to read the post I wrote when this contest first started. The long and short of it is this: If I were to win that money, I would use the $25k to start a foundation that helps empower and encourage young girls to embrace their authentic selves, allowing them to be comfortable in their own skin with every magical thing that makes them unique. If a girl wants to be an athlete, amazing. If she wants to be a scientist, awesome. If she wants to play video games, great! If she wants to be a cop or firefighter or nurse or influencer or yoga instructor or fitness model or QVC host or neurosurgeon or a Bard High Elf with impressive Charisma stats, incredible! Whatever girls want to do in their lives, I want to help them know that they don't have to align themselves with the expectations of what the world (or the society in which they live) thinks they should do. And I want them to know that they can be however many things they want to be without putting themselves in a box. So, please, I'd love it if you'd vote for me for Maxim CoverGirl by clicking here or on the photo at the top of this page so I can show younger girls what I wanted to see when I was their age - not just a model but a role model, too.
I am so incredibly grateful for you. Thank you.
P.S. - If you want to catch up from the beginning on this series of travel adventures, here's a cheat sheet to the posts (in order in which they were published):
2. grateful for starbucks and sandymount strand
3. Once Upon a December in the National Gallery
4. plant a smooch for that gift of gab
5. may the 4th be with you: Dingle style
6. cinco de mayo: the best Mexican food in Dublin
8. mussolini’s window and the philosophers’ metro stop
9. father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife
10. it's the vatican, not the vatican't
11. spoiler alert: i did not lose my hand
12. more pizza and gelato and Neptune, oh my
13. craft beer, romper season, and volcano magic
14. bus singalongs and the okey dokey karaoke origin story
15. the beginning of the journey to the land of outlander
16. the boy who lived and the musical rapper
17. oh i just can't wait to be kingggg
18. fudge and haggis, quite the dynamic duo
19. the banshee labyrinth... or, my first time trying buckfast
20. the world's most magical toilet
21. gwyneth paltrow's (improv) sliding doors
22. scottish sombreros and jam, thank you
23. bob seger, a cèilidh, and arthur's seat
24. the next maxim cover girl!! 25. you can vote now!!
26. kindness at… the airport??
27. conversations with strangers and #basic meals
28. aren't gas stations amazing?!
29. not just mac's... supermac's
30. American vs. European Cell Phone Providers
34. a love of Dublin pizza: Manifesto
35. a love of Dublin pizza: Dublin Pizza Company
36. a love of Dublin pizza: with my dad
37. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness
39. a love of Dublin pizza: and every other pizza
40. ahh-oooooh werewolves of london
41. a special london edition nerd alert
42. defying gravity is a WICKED good time
44. The Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre
45. LA girls love London green juice
46. Super Bowl LII Champs at Wembley
47. champagne fizz and fruity cocktails
55. 13.1 in Dublin
57. every girl likes a bad boy
59. conflict, bias, and propaganda in belfast
62. Maxim Cover Girl Quarter-Finals!
63. gulliver's travels in belfast
64. all aboard the HMS Caroline
65. all aboard the RMS Titanic
66. you know nothing, jon snow
70. the Kingsroad
#rolemodel #model #modeling #coronavirus #covid19 #acting #actor #act #actress #actorslife #actors #casting #castme #castme #theatre #theater #performance #mastersdegree #masters #trinitycollegedublin #trinitycollege #trinity #dubliner #dublin #dublinireland #ireland #pandemic #globalpandemic #votes #voting #voter #vote #contest #competition #blog #travelblog #blogpost #blogger #blogging #traveling #travelwriter #womenwhotravel #girlswhotravel #solotravel #travel #traveler #writerslife #write #writerslife #writer #wander #wanderlust #malibu #marinadelrey #paddleboarding #hiking #hike #adventures #adventure #maximcovergirl2020 #maximcovergirl #maximmagazine #maximcovergirl #maximmag #maximcovergirl2020 #maximcovergirl #maximcovergirl20 #maxim #maximcovergirl2020 #maximcover #villanova #villanovauniversity #pibetaphi #piphi #pibetaphi